You’re going to love this mouthwatering Italian Sangria recipe. It’s the perfect drink to enjoy on a hot summer day, or any day for that matter. And each sip is so refreshing, you’ll be wanting more and more.
This Italian Sangria recipe is very easy to make, and it’s also very versatile. You can use any type of red wine that you like, and you can also add in any type of fruit that you like.
This might just become your new favorite Sangria recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
We love making Sangria when we have friends and family over, and think it goes perfect with some yummy appetizers for a perfect get together. If you want an easy to make, delicious and impressive drink to make at your next event, this Italian Sangria recipe is a must-try!
Italian Sangria Recipe
We never get bored of making Sangria. And I think it’s the freshness of all the ingredients that make it so delicious. Sometimes you just want something a little different than you’re normal glass of wine. This Italian Sangria recipe can be made within 15 minutes or less and it’s worth it.
Serve this Italian Sangria recipe on a nice summer day, or use this recipe during the holidays. Anytime you serve it, it’ll be a hit. Here’s why you will love this recipe:
- Fast – With less than 5 ingredients it’s incredibly fast to make.
- So Tasty – The fresh fruit and club soda give it such a tasty freshness.
- Easy to Make a Large Batch – This recipe is meant to be made to serve a few people and be presented in a pitcher. You can easily double it if needed for a large event.
- Variations– There are so many ways to create variation of this recipe depending on what fruit you have on hand.
Italian Sangria Recipe Ingredients
Here’s the few ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Red Italian Wine – We suggest a dry, balanced red wine from Italian (i mean this is an Italian Sangria recipe 🙂 )
- Orange Juice – I’d recommend a pulp free orange juice since we’ll be adding fresh fruit.
- Brandy – This will kick the sangria up a notch and give it a nice boldness.
- Strawberries – Strawberries make everything better, we’re definitely adding it to our recipe.
- Peaches – Fresh peaches are a must in this recipe. They pair well with Strawberries and it’s one of my favorites fruits.
- Club Soda – This will lighten the drink and give it a freshness.
Pro Tip: We recommend choosing a red wine with bold flavors and low tannins. For sweetness, look for wines that are marked by subtle notes of fruitiness.
How to Make the Italian Sangria Recipe
Here’s how to make the Italian Sangria Recipe in a few steps:
- Prepare the Fruit – Wash off the strawberries and peaches, then chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the liquids – Pour the wine, brandy, orange juice, and club soda into a pitcher.
- Add the fruit – Add the strawberries and peaches to the pitcher.
- Serve over Ice – Pour over a glass filled with ice immediately.
Tips for the Best Italian Sangria Recipe
Some additional tips when preparing this recipe:
- Wait to Put the Club Soda in – Unless you plan to serve the Sangria immediately, wait until the right before serving to add the club soda in so it doesn’t go flat.
- Make Sure Fruit is ripe – Crisp and fresh fruit is best, not overly soft.
- Don’t Overcrown the Pitcher– make sure the pitcher isn’t too crowded with fruit, it’ll make drinking and pouring a bit more difficult.
When it comes to making Sangria, let your creativity flow! Here are some easy recipe variations:
Raspberries – Swap out the Strawberries for rasperries
Intreau or Triple Sec – Swap out the orange juice for one of these for a little extra kick.
Lemons and Limes – Add some to the mixture for more color variation.
Apples – We love the way apple soak up the Sangria flavor when added.
Cherries – Cherries just make us think of Italy – just make sure they are de-seeded.
The list goes on and on. Get creative with what you have on hand, Sangria is a very forgiving recipe.
What is the best type of wine to use?
We recommend using a red wine with bold flavors and low tannins. For sweetness, look for wines that are marked by subtle notes of fruitiness.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can make Sangria up to 24 hours ahead of time. Simply
add all the ingredients (except for the club soda) to a pitcher and refrigerate. Just before serving, add the club soda and give it a good stir.
Can I freeze Sangria?
Yes! Simply pour the Sangria into freezer safe bags or containers, leaving about an inch of space at the top. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the fridge and add a splash of club soda before serving.
What Goes With this Italian Sangria Recipe?
This Italian Sangria Recipe is perfect for any party or get-together. Packed with flavor, this easy to make recipe will be a hit with your guests!
Looking for something to serve with your Italian Sangria? Try these delicious recipes:
Italian Antipasto Platter – A tasty assortment of meats, cheesisotto alla Milanese – A classic risotto recipe made with saffron and parmesan cheese.
Risotto alla Milanese – A classic risotto recipe made with saffron and parmesan cheese.
Pizza Margherita – The classic Italian pizza, made with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
Tiramisu – A traditional Italian dessert made with coffee soaked ladyfingers andaspberry
Crostata – A delicious fruit tart made with a flaky pastry crust and fresh raspberries.
Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a delicious summertime drink, this Italian Sangria Recipe is perfect! Made with fresh fruit, red wine, and club soda, this refreshing beverage is sure to be a hit with your guests. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love:
If you love this Italian Sangria recipe, here are more great cocktail recipes to try: